Wednesday, June 15, 2011

By no means is this the beginning...

Although this is my first post, this will definitely not be the beginning. It will not describe the beginning of me or the beginning of how I got here. It will just be about today because I prefer to write in the present and to go back is way too exhausting.

My lovely children drove me to drink a rum and diet pepsi this evening which in turn made me act like a child. I was not belligerent but I was also not going to argue with them anymore today; not my 13 year old, my 4 year old, nor my 2 year old. And of course, my 4 month old.....well she's just perfect compared to the rest of them.

I do believe that they enjoyed my playfulness and my anything goes attitude. My husband knew better than to complain. What a man he is. He walks through the door happy as can be and after taking one look at the expression on my faces knows that he has his work cut out for him tonight. He took over like a good man should even though he had been commuting, working, and commuting for the last 12 1/2 hours.

I had my day pretty much under control until I made the mistake of going to the craft store with my children to pick out something to make their dad for father's day. I'm not sure if it's just my kids or what but jesus-going to ANY store with them is NOT an enjoyable experience. They don't want to sit in the cart, they want to buy anything just because, oh and they LOVE to wander....well really just the 2 year old. I know what you are thinking....I'm a push over, aren't I? One day I will learn my lesson and plan my shopping adventures accordingly.

My four children are magnificent. I am so thankful for their uniqueness and their strong personalities because I know that they will go far in this world and that they will be okay whether or not I am here to pick up the pieces. Even if they do drive me to an evening cocktail once in awhile, we all will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment